General Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The ‘promoter’ of the competition is Finatext UK Ltd, WeWork, 145 City Rd, Hoxton, London, EC1V 1AZ.
2. By entering this competition, entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned in any electronic messages, or on the promoter’s website or app, or communicated to entrants in any other way (“competition information”). Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information.
Entering the Competition
3 The competition is only open to all students enrolled in any course at one of the following participating Universities:
3.1 Imperial College London
3.2 Queen Mary University of London
3.3 Hult International Business School
3.4 The London Institute of Banking & Finance (LIBF)
4. The minimum age for participants is 18. Employees of the promoter and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) cannot enter.
5. Entrants may only enter the competition in their own name. The promoter may ask for proof of age and enrolment, and evidence to verify the identity of that entrant, at any time, and may use any public channels available to carry out checks of any details provided.
6. Entries must be made and received between 00:01 on Monday, 1 Oct 2018 until 23:59 on Sunday, 28 Oct 2018 (‘entry period’). Any entries received after this entry period will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
7. By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete.
8. It is free to enter and to take part in the competition (though you may require internet access), and no in-app purchases will be required.
9. Entrants may only enter once. No more than one prize per person per University will be awarded.
10. Entries submitted through agents or third parties or in bulk (i.e. more entries than a human being could submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated entries) will not be accepted. Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received by the promoter will be void.
10.1 Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the competition in a manner which in the promoter’s determination is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unfair to other entrants may be removed, suspended and/or disqualified from the competition at the promoter’s sole discretion.
11. In order to participate in the competition, entrants must register via https://www.getpipster.com/bullrun. Entrants will be required to provide:
11.1. Their Full Name,
11.2 The Name of the University they attend,
11.3 Their university email address, and
11.4 Confirmation that they are 18 years of age or over.
The information provided will be checked by the promoter, to make sure they are eligible to enter. Successful entrants will receive an email confirming that they can participate in the competition. This email will contain links to both the app store and google play store, where entrants will be able to download the app. A compatible device is required. The app will be also available to download directly from Google Play and App Store. Once downloaded, contestants must sign into the app using the same university email they registered with on the provided URL.
12. The judging panel will comprise the promoter and at least one suitably qualified, independent person.
Participating in the Competition
13. The competition will begin at 00:00 on Monday, 5 November 2018 and will end at 23:59 on Sunday, 2 December 2018 (Competition End Date). No trading before or after these times will be considered. All open positions for contestants will be closed at 23:59 on Sunday the 2nd Dec 2018.
14. Participants will be provided with an E-Book (Pipster’s introductory guide for entry-level starters in online Crypto and Forex trading), either by email and\or by URL. This guide will contain learning materials and additional links for students to further their studies if desired.
15. To enter, participants must enter virtual mode, where each participant will receive a fictional £10,000 to use in virtual mode for virtual trading. Only participants in virtual mode of the Pipster app (who registered and entered during the entry period) will be considered.
16. Participants will be provided with full access to the Pipster app. The full range of features including study materials, indicators and other tools will be made accessible. However, it will not be possible to trade real currency.
17. Upon completion of the in-app challenge, participants will be required to provide a Strategy Report explaining their choice of strategies and analytic tools used during the four week period. The Strategy Report will contain the participants’ strategy, laying out how they used the app’s indicator tools as well as external resources, community engagement and any other resource they used for their trading.
18. The trading results and Strategy Reports will be analysed by the judging panel team.
19. The entrants will be ranked individually by University.
20. The leader board may be presented on the competition landing page.
20.1 Participants may be ranked through a public leaderboard which may be published on the competition’s website, the promoter’s apps, and may be named on social media.
21. Top performing and most improved students, as well as a first runner up and second runner up, will be eligible for prizes/opportunities provided by the promoter in the manner set out in these terms and conditions.
– The ‘Top performing’ student for each University is the student who achieved the best results at the end of the competition at their particular University;
– The ‘Most improved’ student for each University is the student who presented the largest score improvement between a minimum point ( in either points or virtual funds) and the end of the competition, based on analysis of Trading data.
– The ‘first runner-up’ and a ‘second runner up’ are students who completed the competition with extraordinary results, but didn’t qualify for the grand prizes.
22. In selecting the top performing participants, most improved participants, first runners up and second runners up, the following weighted criteria will apply, which will be decided in the sole discretion of the judging panel.
- 50% profitability
- 15% strategy
- 30% risk management
- 5% trading frequency
- 30% Strategy Report
- 10% Community Participation
23. For each participating University, based on the above criteria, there will be:
• One grand prize which will be awarded to the ‘top performing’ student;
• One grand prize which will be awarded to the ‘most improved’ student;
• One first runner up prize; and
• One second runner up.
Each prize winning student will also receive a certificate.
24. In addition, the judging panel will name one Top University. The Top University accolade will be bestowed upon the participating University with the highest score once the total combined score of their:
• Top performing student,
• Most improved student,
• First runner up, and
• Second runner up
25. There are 17 prizes to be won in total:
• 1 x Top University Prize – a trophy.
• 4 x Grand Prize for the Top Performing student (i.e. 1x per University). The winner will have the choice between (i) two months’ paid internship at Finatext UK, or (ii) £1000 for live trade within Pipster app. This is conditional upon the winners’ eligibility to open a live Pipster trading account and subject to further terms.
• 4 x Second Prize for the Most Improved student (i.e. 1x per University). This prize is £250 for live trade within Pipster app. This is conditional upon the winners’ eligibility to open a live Pipster trading account and subject to further terms.
• 4 x first runner up prizes (i.e. 1 x per University). This prize shall be Pipster Merchandise.
• 4 x second runner up prizes (i.e. 1 x per University). This prize shall be Pipster Merchandise.
1. The internship will be paid according to UK minimum-wage laws, based on the intern’s attendance. This will be provided along with an internship agreement.
2. The financial reward will be conditional upon the winners’ eligibility to open a live Pipster trading account. In the event that eligible winners are unable to receive a prize (for reasons which the promoter considers reasonable and appropriate, which for the avoidance of doubt shall not include, for example, a failure to comply with these terms and conditions or ineligibility under the entry criteria), the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for another one of equal value.
26. Prize winners will be selected by the judging panel around 7 days after the Competition End Date. Prize winners will be notified within 14 days after the winners have been selected. Prize winners will be notified via the email address provided when entering the competition; 3 attempts will be made to contact the winners. In the event of no response within 14 days after the first email notification was sent, the prize will be forfeited and the prize will be awarded to another entrant.
27. The promoter will attempt to award the prize within 30 days after the Competition End Date (or as otherwise indicated in the competition information).
28. The winner must claim their prize within 3 calendar weeks after they are first notified via their email address. If the promoter is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within this time period, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and the promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the competition ranking information. The Top University’s score will be based on the scores of those students who collect their prizes and not the scores of those who fail to do so.
29. The promoter may cancel, suspend or amend the competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions, in whole or in part, without prior notice if it considers it necessary or appropriate to do so (including without limitation for reasons of suspected individual or orchestrated cheating, security breaches, malware or other suspected interference or issue) beyond its reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
31. In relation to this competition, the social media handle and public profile pic of the winner may be published by the promoter. Entrants grant to the promoter a non-exclusive licence to use and publish their entry and social media username and image, in any and all media, throughout the world (including without limitation social media) for the purpose of announcing the winner and promoting the competition for a reasonable period.
Data Protection and Publicity
‘Non personal data’ may also be used for the purpose of undertaking market research or in facilitating reviews, developments and improvements to relevant services including the app/platform.
33. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit the promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their (including without limitation their staff and their agents’) negligence, or for fraud, or for any other type of liability which may not be lawfully limited or excluded. Subject to this:
33.1The promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering or participating in the competition or as a result of accepting or using any prize;
33.2 neither the promoter nor its servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by the promoter or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control;
33.3 the promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition.
33.4 If any market data issues either internally or externally to the pipster trading system directly affect the profitability of trades placed by contestants, the promoter holds the right to remove or edit the details of these trades with respect to true data accuracy. Agreement of what exactly constitutes accurate data would be defined and executed by the promoter.
34. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition, the decision of the judging panel shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
35. Participants and their use of the promoter’s website and app and participation in the competition must comply with English law and regulations. These terms and conditions, and this competition, shall be governed by the laws of England and subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
36. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
37. The promoter, trading name of “Pipster”, is an appointed representative of GMO-Z.com Trade UK Limited and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under registration number 806585. Finatext UK Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (company number 10527715), and its registered address and principal place of business is 145 City Road, Hoxton, London, England, EC1V 1AZ, United Kingdom.
38. These terms and conditions were last updated on 27 September 2018.